[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4697: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4699: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4700: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4701: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
indielib.com • View topic - Is it dead? :(

indielib.com

IndieLib Forum
It is currently Wed Feb 24, 2021 11:32 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: Is it dead? :(
PostPosted: Mon Oct 19, 2009 7:16 am 

Hello everyone)
I ve just downloaded indielib and tried some tutorials, it seems that library is really handy, but there is no updates, and forum seems almost dead :( Thats too bad. I hope there will be updates soon.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 21, 2009 12:19 pm 

Yep, it looks dead. But who knows..

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 21, 2009 1:03 pm 
Site Admin

Nothing is strictly dead until nobody uses it :)

I'ts hard to say but I'm currently in a point that I really don't have any more time to keep active the development of IndieLib.

But no worries. IndieLib is a OpenSource project. All the source is public, it has quite a lot of tutorials, and I hope some of you will keep the development and improve it.

I will of course give feedback to those who will try to improve the lib.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 21, 2009 5:57 pm 

I want to use it :) And also want to make a tutorial to build finished 2d shooter from scratch, and editor for it also(based on your brilliant tutorial :)) for now ive tried all ur tutorials, and very liked how indielib works) I want to build simple 2d game with it (like aquaria or soldat 2d), that will be clear to understand by noobs in programming like me)

main issue i have for now is that, i want clear and simple code for game structure - game screens for menu, events system, audio, particle engine, and i know how they work separately, but dont know how to put it all together in optimal way :)

googling for game engine architecture, learning oop ))

if anybody can give me advise or help to write nice game engine structure i will be glad :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 23, 2009 7:53 am 
Site Admin

I had the same problem and this book saved me:

"Game Coding complete" Mike McShaffry

I am currently using it with a game Im making. I dont know if there is anybody else using it, suppose yes. I expect to have something playable in a few weeks...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 23, 2009 9:37 am 

thanks DarthMike!
I've already ordered that book and C++ for Game Programmers
hope that will helps :D

And what do u think about Game Engine Architecture? seems its very popular book)

When u'll finish ur game post a link here pls, im very interested :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 24, 2009 8:29 am 
Site Admin

I didnt read it, but looking at TOC it seems more complete than "game coding". Game coding has a lot of very nice practical tips from this guy, and a lot of insights many books lack of, nevertheless.

Effective C++, Effective STL are good too. But only C++ oriented. They have very nice tips and "gotcha" things to use language at full potential.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2011 11:42 am 
Site Admin

Indielib is NOT dead. Check for port to OpenGL, iOS and in future Linux and Mac (uff!)

Quite ambitious but if we get people joining work is already being done. OpenGL IS possible with IndieLib without too much effort (I'm responsible for it and I'm not an OpenGL guru, and so far I'm blitting textured primitives!).

Hope this brings a bit more light to a great and simple engine. If not, we will learn during the process... ;)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2011 12:53 pm 
Site Admin

Just to inform people of the progress of the Linux part:

Linux port coming along nicely, - all classes except 3d Entities, Lights
and 3d-related objects (meshes...), are now ported and comitted to the souce.

DarthMike has made a small list of platform (win32) related issues known (it have become a little bit larger during the Linux Hacking ), so hopefully the Mac port should in theory be a little easier.

Just need to get libtools linker to behave :roll:, - then there should be a nice library ready :D

...So again IndieLib is NOT dead.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 26, 2011 5:37 pm 
Site Admin

I can't believe I'm reading this... I was not entering to the forum for about... 2 months? So I think this is telepaty! I just entered and check out your posts :D

You are giving me a really HAPPY day guys.

I'll take a look to all that you are doing and I will contact you as soon I have 2 o 3 hours, so I can give you accest to the blog, wiki, etc.

CAN'T BELIEVE this!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 26, 2011 7:07 pm 
Site Admin

Hi Javier, - And thanks for the nice comment :D

The Linux port now compiles and at last links to a nice static library (libIndieLib.a). Havn't tried testing it yet, since it was done yesterday. In a couple of days I will probably have the tests up and running to verify that the Linux port is ok.

If you have a little time one day, it would be nice if you could backup the wiki, (theres a lot of really good tutorials and info there). Just for safekeeping,. It would really be a loss if these where gone someday :(

Anyway .... back to the code.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 26, 2011 7:17 pm