[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4697: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4699: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4700: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4701: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
indielib.com • View topic - The Obligatory Introduce Yourself Thread

indielib.com

IndieLib Forum
It is currently Wed Feb 24, 2021 11:32 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 70 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2009 10:08 am 

Hello from Slovakia,

very nice Engine!
I am programmer C/C++ for past 15 years, im working in telecomunication. My hobby is programming games, i have tryed to write my own game engine but is no so good as yours indieLib! :-) Now i try again to make a platformer game.
I like to help you with development, if you wish.
(sorry for my english)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2009 11:02 am 
Site Admin

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 02, 2009 3:12 pm 

Hello from Estonia. :)

I'm Marko, but you can call me however you like. I'm a programmer and currently working with C++ tightly. I've been programming for a while, probably less then most of you, but that's not important.

I am currently working on a project to recode an existing game source. So I'm still in game engine searching phase and IndieLib is one of the front-runners.

About EC in front of my name. This is also a project - Evergreen Core. It is created with my friend, couple of years ago maybe and it holds everything containing technology. All our projects are released under it. So you could consider it as unregistered company :P

Existing games: There are couple of pongs / tetris' and wall breakers etc, but nothing very inspiring and amazing so bringing out screenshots of yellow blocks is not needed I think.

I would also remind that I suck in graphics and art in every meaningful way. If sprite, picture or UI is worth mentioning, then It is not drawn by me :)

I'm very detailed in code designing so I could be good teammate if we are talking about nice looking code. ( Have to say something nice about myself also. What would we do without any ego at all? :P )

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 02, 2009 3:35 pm 

Hello ,and wellcome to the forum :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 03, 2009 12:32 pm 
Site Admin

What happens in eastern countries? I think cold get brains to be smarter or at least more interested in game development :D, I'm seeing that lot of people from these countries are becoming IndieLib community members (russia, ukrania, romania, slovakia, polonia, etc).

Welcome to all you! :)

I spent one year living in Poland, and I have visited Czech Republic lot of times because my girlfriend is from there so I can say I really like eastern europe culture, but I have still to visit places like Russia, Ukrania and Romania. I hope I'll travel again in a near future! I really love travelling!

Ahoj!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 03, 2009 9:52 pm 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 06, 2009 3:59 pm 

Believe it or not Javier,but cwasp is the person responsible for Haunted Hotel III engine core. Also, he did Magic Particles demo :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 10, 2009 8:40 pm 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 13, 2009 5:09 pm 
Site Admin

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 21, 2009 10:57 pm 

Hello all!

I'm from the USA.

I am just finishing up my freshman year at , and I was looking for an engine written in C++ to tinker with in my spare time. IndieLib hit just the spot.

Hopefully I can get something going real soon. :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 28, 2009 4:29 pm 

If you really want to know me, go to my blog:

I have been wanting to make games since I was eight years old. I was inspired when I played a game called MegaMan X. It is a game that has affected my entire life.

I am not sure if I want to have one position in game development or not. I program, I draw and animate, I create music, and I design stories and mechanics for my games or games in general. I'm very very skilled. I am nothing professional, but I plan on honing all of my skills.

I was working on a game engine that OpenGL based and cross-platform. I kind of stopped even though it was really good I didn't want to spend any more waking years on an engine. I wanted to make games. I have a folder and files filled with game ideas and drawings. I was looking for an engine that matched what my game engine was supposed to be and I found IndieLib. Why did I choose it? It's new, it's open, and it is simple like me engine. It felt right.

So hopefully I can soon aid in the development with IndieLib and make awesome games with it.

... yep.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 03, 2009 12:23 pm 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 03, 2009 3:10 am 

hi, i'm mainly an artist with a taste for making games. i've had a fighting system idea in my head forth longest time and i'm really wanting to make it work, problem though is that the original idea was for a 3d game but since i'm not an advanced program i figured a 2d version of i would be just as fun.

so once i get my feet on the ground with programing(which i do have experience in C programing with robots), i'll showcase my idea here as well as my progress.

you can also see my work on deviant art and my website...

digisketchwolf.deviantart.com

iadagraca.co.cc

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 03, 2009 1:17 pm 
Site Admin

Welcome DigitalWolf! You are here like a candy in the exit door of a school. Everybody was looking forward some artists on these forum :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 03, 2009 7:07 pm 

"Everybody was looking forward some artists on these forum"

oh really? well i'm glad i could join :P.

once i learn the engine(and improve my c++ skills), i plan on figuring out ways to improve the look of games since i'm a total graphics nerd...

but i want to get my project under way first :)

i just hope my project doesn't hit a dead end...

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 70 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next