- Kitty Cat (1)
- Mutaben (1)
- Train training (1)

Special votes

- Eco (1) (Late entry vote)
- Glade (1) (Javier vote)

Congratulations!

[Old text for voting]

The competition is finished! It has been a great effort from all you. But I hope it has been really funny! Thank you very much to all participants.

Now is time to vote. Voting is open until April 24th.

Rules
- One vote per user.
- You can vote your own game, of course!
- Voters must have at least 5 posts on this forums.
- Voters must have registered on this forums at least 2 weeks ago. Users after April 1th can not vote.

How can I vote
Just write on this thread, example: I'm voting for "Name of the game".

List of games for voting (order by name)
- Alien Inspection.
- Glade.
- Kitty Cat.
- Mutaben.
- Train training.

Late entries (you can't vote these ones, sorry)
- Eco

Last edited by Javier López on Tue Apr 28, 2009 2:17 pm, edited 10 times in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2009 11:49 am 
Site Admin

Like IndieLib first developer, I can't vote myself to any project. But I just want to say that I have enjoyed the compo A LOT and that I'm playing your games every day, just for trying and trying them :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2009 12:08 pm 

Hi guys, well it's time to vote and yes I will use my vote for my own creation :P ... so one for Alien Inspection.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2009 1:26 pm 

Even though his entry isn't finished my vote goes to Andi (Train Training). It's the entry that fits the best with the theme, has the most potential and also watching trains never gets old.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2009 1:49 pm 

I vote for zappa with his alien inspection, it is like a chalenge and I like to win :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2009 2:37 pm 

I vote for "MutaBean"

Train Training: (my boring trains)
No sounds. No gameplay. No real logic (trains run over each other). No real game idea at all. So I guess this is no real competitor against the others. But you wait and see. Before you know it I will include 99 levels, lots of monotonous railway songs as a soundtrack and thousand of little whistles and bells. Even my very limited graphic talents can be hidden under waves of silly tricks. And then I will have the last laugh :) Bwa har har!

Kitty Cat: (the fast and the furious)
The most artistic effort I guess. Comic style animation at its best. The cat is just so funny. Maverick, you are an animation genious. Amazing what has been finished in such a short time (as far as I understood, it was less than 2 days). Looking forward for more complete versions of this.

Glade: (the experimental light expert)
I am impressed with the sun, the light and the idea to begin with. Not sure if this ever will become a fast paced fun game. But even this demo is nice to watch endlessly. The most original idea. Here I would definately like to look at the sources to learn something.

Alien Inspection: (most finished fun game of all)
This is the most developed project. Great job! Even sounds included. And a real gameplay. And as far as I can see, the technical aspects are impressive: mouse handling and moving of objects, shrinking, collision control. The graphics could be improved, I guess. Maybe some more animations or effects. But still, this is a nice one.

MutaBean: (my favorite one)
This is my favorite project. The graphics are impressive. And even the gameplay is included. And it's even funnier not to play but just watch the great animation sequences. This is real 3D, right? I am old and hate to admit it, but this modern technologies really seem to be working :) I thought about this for quite a while, if I vote for this or alien inspection. But I guess the slightly better looks let me pick this bean guy.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2009 4:32 pm 

I vote for mine, "Kitty Cat". ( And yes I coded nearly everything in two days )

The Train Training:
Fun to watch the train go around. Really cool. Wish I could see them crash.

Mutabean:
The animations were cool. They reminded me of "The Annoying Thing". That frog guy. Sorry though, didn't get much else.

Alien Inspection:
I have to agree it is the most complete game/toy here. I understand 204% if it wins. Congratulations!

Glade:
A really cool one here as well. This is the most graphically well done.

So why did I vote for mine?
I am proud of my animations and I know I did well on them. Also there is more going in on the background than you see. I also think mine is fun to make the cat happy and see what he decides to do next. Also, it's my project. Aren't I a jerk?
:P

Congrats to everyone who participated! It was a great experience and fun to see everyone else's!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2009 8:43 am 

Ok, let me have a look ...

Alien Inspection: Seems to be one of the few with real gameplay. Even if its a real simple one. I hoped for more challenge (dragging the items trough some sort of maze - some crazy alien-intestines?) but maybe thats to much to expect from a simple toy ^^

Glade:
Good idea and great graphical representation but feels unfinished (because it is :X). Nice to look at but left me with the wish for more.

Kitty Cat: Funny animations but I didn't get the gameplay. Only way I get something to happen was by alternately bashing the buttons and the mood-o-meter didn't helped in any way. Much room for improvement.

Mutabean: As mentioned by everybody else: Nice and funny character. Great animations. But thats it. Feels more like a indielib tutorial test than a toy/game. But it can be transformed easily into one I guess - everything is there. So go the last step and give us a real mutabean game :)

Train training: And another nice idea and excecution which lacks the final touch.

So in conclusion we have a bunch of great potential but no clear winner - everything is great at one point but lacks something to make it outstanding.

But if I'm forced to vote (and obviously I am so count this as my vote) I would rank them this way:

1. Alien Inspection (its finished with clear and working gameplay and therefore one step ahead)

2. Glade

3. Train Training

4. Kitty Cat

5. Mutabean

But they all lay very close together so don't be offended by this rude ranking from the guy who can't finish a game by the deadline and even after finishing it can't get it properly to work everywhere ^^

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2009 10:11 pm 

I would have voted for Eco if it was in on time.

I hypothetically vote for Eco. ( You have one hypothetical vote so far! )

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2009 6:19 pm 

Quote:
dragging the items trough some sort of maze - some crazy alien-intestines

That would have been awesome but then again I'm no designer, the total amount of man hours put in this project would be like 10 hours with the graphics and I found out about the competition kinda late no real time to think about cool stuff or to do a dev blog and wait for sugestions. And I know by experience that in competions it counts if it's finished :D. Now maybe I can add winning this compo in my resume(CV) ... I'm trying to get hired at Ubisoft as a junior programmer in the summer :shock:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2009 2:16 pm 
Site Admin

Ok, we have a winner: "Alien Inspection"

Congratulations!

Ah, and finally I used a "special late-vote" for voting Glade. I think Metadon also deserves this vote. I really liked the effects he used for the light, and the growing behaviour.

I'm really happy of this competition... are you ready for the next one?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2009 4:51 pm 

Javier López wrote:
I'm really happy of this competition... are you ready for the next one?

Ready if you are. And this time I plan to finish in time ;P

Congrats to Zappa!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2009 8:21 pm 

Argh. I dunno. Hell with it. I'm in! 8)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2009 11:41 am 

Also in.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2009 11:57 am 

Oh! And congratz Zappa! I should make you a badge... ( goes and works on a 2D badge )